Monday, February 1, 2010

New Beginnings...

So, the Grammy's are over.  Taylor Swift got the biggest award!  Yay!  Then I crashed, and by crash, I wish I could have meant sleep.  No, I crashed so hard emotionally I don't know how I didn't wake up my hubby!  I was forced to my knees in such anguish I was not sure I would be able to rise again.  There has been too many things lately.  Things that should make me run to Him.  I know I need to fall into those protective arms of my God.  Yet still, I turn away.  I can fix it.  I can make it all better.  I can make family rules.  I can be the better person.  I promise not to yell at my kids.  I will forgive.  I will stand behind my husband without getting all crazy out of control.  I can do it myself.
Reality check:  NO, I can't.  It simply can't be done.  I am not meant to stand alone.  I am meant to lean on my God and let Him bear my burdens.  I am to give Him my hurts.  Give Him my worries.  Put ALL of my trust in Him.
And at 12;26 am on this February 1st, that is exactly what I did.  I turned back around and I said yes.  Yes, Father, I need you and i will trust in YOU.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not unto your own understanding.  In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths."  Proverbs 3:5-6

This has been my "life verse" since I was baptized in 6th grade.  I am finally ready to live it.  Welcome, Father, please come in and live in my heart.  I have made plenty of room for you...

No comments:

Post a Comment