Friday, January 29, 2010

Grocery Shopping is Fun!

I have been trying to get the hang of really doing this whole couponing thing effectively before I start posting about it!  Last Friday and this Friday I think I did pretty well!  My grocery bills were halved by the time I paid, but I am realizing I will never be the girl that can tell you where I actually got most of my coupons from!  It's just not fitting into my schedule to be quite that organized!

This is what today's trip to Stop & Shop got us:

 
(Yes, we know that's a wall behind the food, little ones are learning to read!)

      There are 2 packages of meat missing - chicken thighs (boneless, skinless and sweet italian sausage).  I am still slow at this so I needed to clean off the table first and I really wanted to get that meat in the freezer.  (Um, organizing is another goal I have - probably help me save some money if I didn't keep losing things in the house, too!)
      The important stuff is this:
                                               Total Before Savings Applied:  $153.76
                                              
                                               Stop & Shop Card Savings:     $39.40                                               
                                               Personal Thanks Savings:         $7.75
                                               Manufacturers Coupons:          $15.45
                                               Double Coupons:                     $8.45
                                               Cashier Flub:                           $8.00
                   (Cashier couldn't figure out 2 $4.00 coupons, so he put them in as if I had paid cash) 
                                                            TOTAL:                     $79.05
                                               

                                              Total AFTER all savings:          $76.19
This is the first time that I have EVER saved more than I have actually forked over!  I was so excited!  My husband, while ecstatic that we are saving money, thinks I am nuts!  He humors me though, and gets excited for me too! 

I know that no one reads this but my Mom right now (hi Mom!), but if by chance you are reading and I have browsed your blog, I would like to say Thanks!  Reading all of the posts out there and all the deals helps me figure this out much easier!

No comments:

Post a Comment